Saturday, January 24, 2009

The DRM Crap

I love to make my own videos and publish them on the web. I've been doing it for years. I also like to add cool music to my videos. When I first heard about the DRM issue, I was extremely disappointed. Now, I understand that music, writing, etc., is intellectual property. I wouldn't want my book or music being distributed without me getting some kind of compensation. After all, I worked really hard on that book or piece of music. However, saying that the music industry is losing millions of dollars a year just doesn't make sense. Personally, if I go on Youtube, watch a video, and really like the music, guess what....I buy it. I've been doing that for years. It's like free advertising.

Recently, Monty Python put some of their videos on the web for free. Guess what? Their DVD sales skyrocketed 23,000 percent. Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment