Wednesday, March 24, 2010

LAS VEGAS RESTAURANT REVIEWS

It's been a while since my last post.  I have a poor sick kitty and have been a little down lately.  So, to take my mind off of things, I'm going to tell you about a few awesome restaurants you must try if you are ever in Las Vegas.

I visited Las Vegas (for the millionth time) with my husband and mom near the end of February 2010.  We had a wonderful time and our vacation seemed too short.

Of course, Las Vegas is known for it's gambling, night life, and shows.  Also, Las Vegas can be a mecca for the gormand.  Here are a few picks of my must-eat restaurants of Las Vegas.

BILLY BOB'S STEAK HOUSE AND SALOON - SAM'S TOWN

We stayed at Sam's Town Hotel and Gambling Hall for the first time.  It's a nice place to stay where the food is great and the people are friendly.  We only paid $22 a night for a nice room overlooking their atrium.

I had been craving a nice juicy steak and read about Billy Bob's online.  The reviews were great and I was not disappointed.  The restaurant has a very manly western theme and our waiter was prompt and attentive.  We started with a shrimp cocktail which came with a fantastic remoulade sauce.  Bread was brought to the table hot right out of the oven.

I ordered a 12 ounce rib eye, medium rare.  It was perfection.  Very tender and juicy.  I ordered mine with a loaded sweet potato which was enormous.  The meal also comes with a salad.  My mom had the same thing but had a regular potato with her steak.  George had beef tips over something.  I honestly can't remember what he had because I was so focused on my meal, I didn't notice what he was eating.   Overall, we were impressed with Billy Bob's Steak House.

More Las Vegas reviews to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment